This beautiful Handmade Card for All Seasons is perfect for giving any time of the year. You’ll find year-round uses for these realistic images and variety of sentiments.
This is such a simple handmade card but it packs quite the punch! Despite the simple card layout, it’s the colors that make this card pop. (And I’m also in love with that sentiment from the Welcoming Woods stamp set!)
Because I wanted to showcase the colors of all 4 seasons, I went with a very simple color combination:
You can easily add other colors to this Color Combination (in the case of this card, Granny Apple Green & Balmy Blue) and I have a full Library of Color Combinations here for your convenience. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Sahara Sand: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Early Espresso: 4” x 5-1/4” and 1” x 2-1/4”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4” (inside card)
- 3-3/4” x 5” (outside card)
- 3/4” x 2” (sentiment)
1. Fold the Sahara Sand cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card base.
3. Using the 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the trees on the front of the card using Sahara Sand ink.
4. Using the Granny Apple Green ink, stamp the leaves several times on the left side of the card – see sample. Clean stamp before next step.
5. Using the Daffodil Delight ink pad, stamp the leaves just to the right of the previously stamped leaves – see sample. Clean stamp before next step.
6. Using Balmy Blue ink, ink the snowflakes, stamp off once, and stamp on the right side of the card – see sample.
7. Using Mango Melody ink, stamp the leaves between the yellow leaves & blue snowflakes. Stamp all the way down to the bottom to create a pile of leaves. Clean stamp before next step.
8. Using Cajun Craze ink, stamp the leaves overlapping the Mango Melody leaves and stamp the bottom to create a pile of leaves.
9. Adhere the White mat to the Early Espresso mat. Wrap the Early Espresso trim around the mat and tie into a knot or bow on the right side. Adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10. Using the small rectangle of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Sahara Sand ink. Adhere to the Early Espresso rectangle.
11. Adhere the sentiment rectangle to the card, overlapping the Early Espresso Trim, using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.