Reel in creativity with this beautiful Gone Fishing Congratulations Card! It’s easy to add a splash of creativity to your card-making when you use the Gone Fishing Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Dive into a sea of fishing-inspired designs and create cards that will hook anyone’s attention. Cast your worries aside and reel in the joy of card-making with our Gone Fishing Stamp Set!
There are so many things to love about this card, but first and foremost, I love the colors! The new Pecan Pie plays nicely with the soft blue and green to make a spectacular color combination! If you’d like something brighter or more subdued, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, where you’re sure to find a color combination you’ll love!
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Let’s Go Fishing Designer Paper: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Pecan Pie Cardstock: 3″ x 4-1/2″
- Very Vanilla:
- 2-1/2″ x 4″
- 2″ x 4″
- 3/8″ x 1-5/8″
- Fold the Very Vanilla cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Adhere the Let’s Go Fishing paper to the bottom of the card.
- Using the 1-1/2″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the “cross-hatch” 3D Basics Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Pecan Pie cardstock and then adhere to the center of the card base.
- Using the 2″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the fish three times using Boho Blue ink. Color in using the Dark Soft Sea Foam Blend and the Light Boho Blue Blend markers. Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the fish die from the Gone Fishing Bundle dies and cut out all 3 fish.
- Glue the 3 fish together as shown in the sample and adhere to the embossed Very Vanilla cardstock, about 1″ down from the top of the Vanilla cardstock.
- Using approximately 6″ – 8″ of the Linen Thread, tie into a loop; adhere to the card so that the bottom knot of the loop is just to the left of the top fishes mouth – place a Stampin’ Dimensional just above the knot – make sure it’s centered so that it will be covered by the sentiment strip.
- Using the 3/8″ strip of Very Vanilla cardstock, in up the sentiment using Boho Blue ink, tap off once on your scratch paper and stamp onto the Very Vanilla strip.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals at each end, adhere the Vanilla Sentiment Strip just above and to the left of the fish so that it lines up with the Stampin’ Dimensional that is holding down the Linen Thread.
Supplies Used in this Project
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!