Let’s go retro with this VW Bus Handmade Card! Using the Stampin’ Up! Driving By Stamp Set, it’s definitely time for a roadtrip.
When I first saw the Driving By Sale-A-Bration stamp set (available until February 28, 2022) my first thought was “road trip!” When I was in High School, my best friend had a VW Bug and we used to take short road trips all the time! It was so much fun!
So those road trips were my inspiration for this card. It was the 70’s and at the time, I lived in Virginia Beach, Virginia. While we spent a ton of time cruising the beach, we also took road trips in the country and I loved seeing all the trees. To recreate this feeling with this card, I used the Inspired Thoughts Bundle, which also just so happened to have a “Peace, Love, Joy” sentiment. For those of you who experienced the 70’s, it’s the perfect sentiment, don’t you think?
You can find complete instructions on how to make this card below. If you’d like to see more samples made with the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets, you’ll find them here. Enjoy!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 3” x 3” scrap
- Marbelous Sale-A-Bration Paper: 4” x 5-1/2”
- Soft Suede: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Pear Pizzazz: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
1. Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” cardstock in half at the score line.
2. Adhere the Balmy Blue Marbelous paper to the front of the base card.
3. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut the tree die from the Inspiring Canopy Dies out of the Soft Suede cardstock. Trim off at the bottom of the tree trunks and adhere to card base.
4. Using the Pear Pizzazz ink pad, cut out just the bottom of the tree (the “hill” pattern) and adhere to the bottom of the Marbelous paper. Using the remaining cardstock, cut out multiples of all the branch dies. Adhere to tree branches by using small dots of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
5. Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the sentiment between 2 branches on the right side.
6. Using the scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the van from the Driving By stamp set using Black Memento ink. Color in using the Highland Heather Blends and the Light Smoky Slate Blend. Fussy cut out the van and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!