Have a friend who’s feeling a little down in the dumps? Share this Awesome Otters encouragement card and you’re sure to cheer them up!
This card came together really quickly thanks to the Expressions in Ink Designer Paper. I wanted the Otter to look like he was floating in the water and this paper was perfect! I pulled the Soft Sea Foam and the Just Jade colors from the paper and then added a pop of color using Pumpkin Pie. If this color combination doesn’t appeal to you, you can find a myriad of other colors in my Color Combination Library. 😀
If you’d like to see other cards made with this stamp set, click here. You can find complete instructions on how I made this card below. Let’s get started!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Soft Sea Foam: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”; plus scrap for punching
- Just Jade: 4” x 5-1/4”, plus scrap for punching
- Expressions In Ink paper: 3” x 4-3/4”
- Very Vanilla:
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 3-3/4” x 5”
- 3” x 3” scrap for stamping
1. Fold the Soft Sea Foam cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside base card.
3. Adhere the 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock onto the Just Jade piece of cardstock and adhere to front of the base card.
4. Adhere the Expressions In Ink paper to the right side Very Vanilla piece, leaving about 1/8” border on top, right and bottom.
5. Using the scraps of Just Jade & Soft Sea Foam cardstocks, stamp the sentiment onto the Soft Sea Foam using Basic Gray ink. Punch out using the small oval from the Double Oval Punch.
6. Punch the larger scallop oval from the Just Jade scrap and adhere to the Soft Sea Foam oval. Adhere to the base card so that it overhangs onto the Very Vanilla cardstock. (See sample for placement.)
7. Using the scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the Otter image using the Basic Gray ink pad. Use the Basic Gray Watercolor Pencil to color in the Otter. Use the Pumpkin Pie Watercolor Pencil to color in the fish.
8. Fussy cut out the Otter image using the Paper Snips and adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Here’s a handy pin for you to save to your board where you keep your quick and easy card ideas.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration (earn free items with a qualifying order!)
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it every time you read a post, you share a project I have made, or you place an order – all of that helps support my small business and I appreciate you!