Need a quick and easy handstamped card idea for your bestie? This adorable card, made with the Catching Butterflies stamp set by Stampin’ Up! is the perfect choice!
I needed a quick and easy card for a friend of mine who has been a bit down in the dumps lately, so I thought this would be the perfect card to send her. Just looking at those 2 girls catching butterflies made me smile, so I’m hoping it will do the same for her!
I kept this card super simple by using my standard layering card sketch: you start with a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, which when folded in half measures 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. (A standard card size.)
Then the 2nd layer measures 1/4″ smaller at 4″ x 5-1/4″ and then the final base is 1/4″ smaller still, measuring in at 3-3/4″ x 5″. If you always reduce your previous mat size by 1/4″, you’ll always be good! (I think of it like those Nesting Russian Dolls – one step smaller each time! 😀
The stamp set that I used, Catching Butterflies, is a Sale-A-Bration stamp set, which means that you can get this stamp set for free with a qualifying $50 order until February 28, 2022. How fun is that!!?! You can see other Sale-A-Bration samples here.
If you don’t like the colors I used on this card, there are so many other options! I have a complete library of color combinations using Stampin’ Up! colors, you have view the Library here.
Below, you’ll find complete directions on how to make this card – I even have a Tutorial you can download. Happy Creating!
- Garden Green: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Coastal Cabana Brights Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 3-3/4” x 5”
- 1/2” x 2-1/4”
1. Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” Garden Green cardstock in half at the score line. Burnish well with your Bone Folder to create a crisp fold.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
3. Adhere the Coastal Cabana paper onto the front of your card.
4. Using the 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the girl image 2 times using the Black Memento ink pad. Color in the images using the Balmy Blue, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, and Cajun Craze Watercolor Pencils. Tip: you can use a pink or lightly color the skin using the Cajun Craze Watercolor Pencil.
5. Stamp the butterflies above the girl images using Black Memento ink. Color them in using the Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencils. “Blend” your coloring on the butterflies using the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
6. Adhere the White cardstock to the base card.
7. Using the 1/2” strip of Basic White paper, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink. Optional: trim the edges with your scissors.
8. Adhere the sentiment strip to the card in the lower right corner, using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tip: up the right side of the strip with the edge of the Basic White stamped mat.
Supplies Used on this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!