If you’ve ever needed a greeting card in a hurry, you’re going to love this versatile handmade card sketch! By using lots of pretty patterned paper and some eye-catching die cut images, you’ve got all the perfect ingredients for a perfect card!
How fun is this card? Thanks to the use of an easy Card Sketch and some pretty patterned Designer Paper, it came together quickly! For those Card Sketch, I used Sketch #11, changing it just bit. You can see another card made with this Sketch here.
I used the What’s Cookin’ Bundle which included dies to cut out the main images, but if you don’t have the dies, you can easily fussy-cut out these images using your scissors!
I had a particular person in mind that I wanted to send this card to, and she loves anything pink, so I paired Stampin’ Up!’s Flirty Flamingo patterned paper and Basic Gray ink and cardstock, which is softer than Basic Black would have been. The beauty of this card is that you can make it in any color and it will look great! You can get some color combination ideas here.
Here’s how I made this card – don’t forget you can download a complete Tutorial at the end of this post.
Supplies Used on this Project:
- Basic White: 5-½” x 8-½”
- 1-¾” x 1-¾”
- 4-¼” x 5-½” (scrap for stamping & die-cutting)
- Flirty Flamingo Designer Paper: 4” x 5-¼” and “½” x 4”
- Basic Gray: 2-½” x 4”
- Basic Black: 2” x 2”
1. Cut a piece of Basic White to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
2. Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere to inside of card.
3. Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Flirty Flamingo Designer Paper.
4. Cut a 2-1/2” x 4” piece of Basic Gray Cardstock and layer onto the base card. Cut a 1/2” x 4” strip of Flirty Flamingo Designer Paper and adhere to the bottom of the Basic Gray cardstock, leaving 1/8” showing at bottom.
5. Cut a 1-3/4” x 1-3/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment onto the cardstock using Black Memento ink. Layer onto a 2” x 2” piece of Basic Black cardstock and layer onto the card at a diagonal (see picture sample.)
6. Wrap White Baker’s Twine from the Essentials Pack 3 times around the Basic Gray Carrdstock and tie into a bow on the left.
7. Using a scrap of Basic White cardtock, stamp the bowl & spoon using Flirty Flamingo ink. Stamp the measuring cups using Black Memento ink. Cut out the 3 images using the Cookin’ Dies from the Bundle with the Cut & Emboss Machine.
8. Adhere the end of the spoon behind the bowl. Adhere this piece to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that the bottom of the sentiment is just showing.
9. Adhere the measuring spoon dies to the right of the bowl using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you enjoy some creative joy! Keep checking back for more projects!