Stampin’ Up! Taco Fiesta: It’s Stamping Party Time!
Holy guacamole! Bring your cards to life with taco, burrito, and avocado stamps found in the Stampin’ Up! Taco Fiesta Stamp Set. Add a bit of color and a cheeky pun, and you’ll have the most appetizing birthday cards, party invites, or “just because” cards your friends have ever seen.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love the colors in this card! When I started out, I was using primary colors, but there was a piece of the Hello , Irresistible Designer Paper sitting on my desk and I thought “hmmmm, wonder what that would look like?” Turns out, it looks great and I fell in love with the soft coral colors!
If you prefer bolder primary colors, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library – you’re sure to find something there to inspire you!
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Hello Irresistible Paper: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Flirty Flamingo cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for die-cutting
- Petal Pink: 1″ x 3″ for die-cutting
- Basic White: 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ for die-cutting
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
- Using the Hello, Irresistible paper, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and die-cut with the Dots & Spots Die. Adhere to the front of the card, being careful not to apply adhesive too close to any of the “dots”.
- Ink the Countryside Corner stamp using Flirty Flamingo ink and stamp onto the Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and die-cut using the 2-7/8″ x 4-1/2″ die from the Countryside Corners dies. Set aside.
- Using the 4-1/2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, die-cut using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the 2-3/8″ x 4″ die from the Countryside Corners Dies.
- Stamp the donkey and the cactus on the die-cut Basic White cardstock using Black Memento ink. Color in the Cactus using the Soft Sea Foam Blends.
- Color in the Donkey using the Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight Blends.
- Adhere the White cardstock to the Flirty Flamingo die-cut from Step #4 and adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the scrap of leftover Basic White cardstock from Step #5, stamp the hat using Black Memento ink. Color in using the Calypso Coral Blends. Cut out the hat using the Paper Snip scissors and adhere to the head of the donkey as shown in the sample.
- Using the 1″ x 3″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Flirty Flamingo ink. Cut out the sentiment using the 3/4″ x 2-1/2″ Countryside Corners die. Adhere to the card, just above the cactus, using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog, and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit