Let’s taco ’bout stamps! The Taco Fiesta Stamp Set is perfect for any occasion. Say goodbye to boring cards and hello to fun with puns! Create adorable and funny cards with this stamp set. Stamp your favorite foods and add some personality with the cute little faces. Your friends and family will love them!
I had so much fun making this card! I needed a card in a hurry for a friend who absolutely loves tacos! To keep it simple, I went with a class card design and used Watercolor Pencils for coloring in the images. I started with White cardstock for the focal image, switched it to Very Vanilla to soften the entire color palette and capitalize on the yellow tones of the Lemon LIme Twist and Daffodil Delight. I love how it turned out! If you’d prefer something bolder, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, where you’re sure to find something you’ll like!
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Fold the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with your Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside your card.
- Using the Lemon Lime Twist ink pad, stamp the citrus slice randomly over the front of your card as desired.
- Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the sentiment on the center right of the 2″ strip of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the taco image several times on the 2″ strip of Very Vanilla cardstock, working around the sentiment.
- Using the Crushed Curry Watercolor Pencil, lightly color in the tacos. Color in the “lettuce” using the Granny Apple Green Watercolor Pencil. There is no need to blend these colors, you can use the pencils as Colored Pencils.
- Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the mustache face onto one of the tacos.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla strip onto the Daffodil Delight Cardstock and adhere to the front of the card to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Now it’s your turn to give this card a try. Order your supplies and plan a fun afternoon of papercrafting 🙂