If you need a simple handmade Thank You card, the Happiness Abounds stamp set has the perfect images and sentiments for you to use! Wouldn’t this make the perfect handmade thank you card for a teacher?
Whether you go for simple or more sophisticated projects, the Happiness Abounds stamp set by Stampin’ Up! has it all! For this card, I used a very simple card layout, similar to Card Sketch #15 in my Card Sketch Library, and then I went with a very simple Color Combination:
If this color combination is a little too bright for you, check out my Color Combination Library, which will give you many other combinations to try.
To color in the Flowers, I used Stampin’ Blends, which are alchohol-based markers. They give you a crisp, bright color and are so fun to use! You can learn more about our Stampin’ Blends markers here.
- Calypso Coral: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” and 1-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 1-3/4” x 5-1/2”
- 1-1/4” x 5-1/2”
1. Fold the Calypso Coral cardstock in half and burnish well with Bone Folder to create base card with fold on the left.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
3. Layer the 1-3/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock onto the front of the card base, approximately 1/2” up from the bottom of the card.
4. Layer the 1-1/2” strip of Calypso Coral onto the Basic White strip of cardstock.
5. Stamp the sentiment above the White strip on the card front, slightly to the left.
6. Using the 1-1/4” strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the flower images in the center of the cardstock. Reink your stamp and stamp to the right, then reink and stamp to the left. Continue until the entire strip is filled with flowers.
7. Color in the stems of the flowers using the Light Parakeet Party Blend.
8. Color in the flowers using both the Light and Dark Calypso Coral Blends.
9. Adhere the stamped strip of Basic White cardstock to the base card so that it’s centered on the Calypso Coral strip.
Supplies Used on this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!