Send a Handmade Card using the Bird’s Eye View Stamp Set and make someone’s day! This adorable handmade card will let your loved ones know that they’re in your thoughts and will bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
By using bright colors and the cheery Bold & Bright Designer Paper, this card resonates with warmth and friendliness! I pulled these colors straight from the Bold & Bright Designer Paper, but if you’d prefer a different combination, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library. Let me show you how easy it is to make this card so that you can create your own little piece of handmade art to brighten someone’s day!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Busy Bee
Busy Bee projects are designed for the beginner or busy papercrafter. This is a basic cardmaking project that can be achieved by someone who has never made a handmade card before. You can view more Busy Bee cards here.
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Bright & Beautiful paper: 3″ x 5-1/4″
- Berry Burst Cardstock: 1-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 2″ x 2-1/2″
- Berry Burst Cardstock: 3/4″ x 2-3/4″ (for punching)
- Basic White Cardstock: 1/2″ x 2-1/2″ (for punching)
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Lemon Lime Twistcardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock inside the card.
- Adhere the Bright & Beautiful paper to the Granny Apple Green cardstock and adhere to front of card, 1/4″ over from left fold.
- Using the 1-1/2″ piece of Berry Burst cardstock, stamp the book image using Memento Black ink and fussy cut out using your Paper Snips. Adhere to the front of the card as shown in the sample,
- Using the 2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the bird image using Memento Black ink. Color in using the Lemon Lime Twist Blends. Stamp the “glasses” on the bird using the Granny Apple Green ink pad. Fussy cut out the bird using the Paper Snips. Adhere to the card so that it sits on the top of the books as shown in the sample.
- Using the 1/2″ strip of Basic White cardstock, punch one end using the Happy Labels Pick A Punch. Stamp the sentiment using Berry Burst ink. Punch the other end using the Happy Labels Punch.
- Using the 3/4″ strip of Berry Burst cardstock, punch one end using the Happy Labels Pick A Punch. Layer the sentiment onto the Berry Burst strip and punch the other end using the Happy Labels punch.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is another perfect card sketch for whenever you have some pretty paper you’d like to use! Just grab 2-3 colors from the paper you want to use and pull your coordinating cardstock, inks and any embellishments you’d like! An easy peasy card without any stress – I love when my pretty paper can do the heavy lifting on my cards!😊