It’s so easy to create a simple Thank You card using the Autumn Leaves Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! There’s no better way to express your heartfelt gratitude than with a personal touch. Dive into the myriad of possibilities this set offers, from detailed textured leaves to beautiful vein stamps, crafting a card that speaks volumes about your appreciation. This is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want.
Plus, it’s so easy to change the look and feel of this card by simple changing the colors!
For this card, I used Granny Apple Green, Parakeet Party and Lemon Lime Twist, but you can create a more refined card by using shades or Browns or Purples. Make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for inspiration!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock: 1″ x 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 3/4″ x 2-1/2″
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Granny Apple Green cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
- Using the 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the large leaf using Parakeet Party ink. Stamp the large leaf vein inside the leaf. Repeat one more time as shown in the sample.
- Stamp the medium leaf using Granny Apple Green ink and stamp the leaf vein in the same ink. Repeat 2 more times as desired.
- Using the Lemon Lime Twist ink, stamp the 2 leaves image to fill in the white space. (See sample for placement.)
- Using the 1″ strip of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and die-cut the edge using one of the Basic Borders Dies. Adhere to the back of the stamped Basic White cardstock so just the edge of the border is showing and trim edges as necessary. Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Crumb Cake strip using Memento Black ink. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Cut a 20″ piece of Linen Thread, fold in half and tie into a bow; adhere to the lower left corner of the sentiment strip.
- To finish, add 3 of the Old Olive Glitter Sequins as desired.
A Tip from Barb
The Stampin’ Up! Cut & Emboss Machine and the Basic Borders dies are actually very easy to use, but this does elevate this card to a Worker Bee card. You can, however, still make this card if you don’t have the die-cutting Machine or the dies!
Simply cut a strip of Lemon Lime Cardstock to 3/4″ x 5-1/4″ and place behind the White mat. This will create a border and add depth the card as the Basic Border die is meant to do! Easy peasy!😃