Calling all birdwatching and craft enthusiasts! Here’s a fun handmade card idea using the Birds Eye View Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Whether you’re designing a thoughtful card for a friend or adding an ornithological touch to your scrapbook, this set is a bird-lover’s dream come true. From quirky monocle-wearing sparrows to perching on whimsical branches or stacks of books, this set of 11 clear, repositionable photopolymer stamps gives you the creative freedom to express your love for our feathered friends in endless ways. No more slips or storage hassles – this Stampin’ Up! product is your ticket to an artistic aviary adventure. Let’s dive into the details and get your wings ready to soar!
Find this post helpful?
Share it on Pinterest
Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
How To Make This Card
- Bubble Bath: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Pool Party: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 3” x 4-3/4”
- 1/2” x 1-3/4”
- 2” x 2”
- Fold the Bubble Bath Cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Run the Pool Party cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 3” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the tree limb on the left using Pecan Pie ink. Stamp the leaves at the end of the tree using Garden Green Ink and also onto the 2” square of Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the bird onto the branch using Black Memento ink. Stamp his glasses using the same ink.
- Color in the Bird using the Pool Party Blends and Daffodil Delight Blend for his beak. Color in the tree trunk using Pecan Pie Blends. Color in leaves using Granny Apple Green Blends. Cut out the 3 leaves that are on the 2” piece of White cardstock and adhere to the leaves on the branch using adhesive. Adhere the White cardstock to the card base.
- Using the 1/2” strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Bubble Bath ink. “Flag notch” the right side of the sentiment strip and adhere to the card under the branch using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
If you don’t have a Cut & Emboss Machine or the Timber 3D Embossing Folder, the card still looks great using an unembossed 4” x 5-¼” piece of Pool Party cardstock. No one will know the difference!😊
Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend who is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card, but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit