It’s time to make some Fall Birthday Cards and this Nuts About Squirrels Birthday Card is perfect for everyone on your list!
I needed a quick birthday card for a friend of mine and I knew he’d like this stamp set. (It sure makes me smile when I look at it!)
Whenever I need a card in a hurry, I always fall back on my Card Sketch Library, because it’s an easy way to cut the cardstock layers I’ll need. In this card, I went with a modified Card Sketch #17 and it came together very quickly!
Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Soft Suede:
- 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- 3-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Crumb Cake: 2-3/4” x 3” and 1/2” x 2-1/4”
- Early Espresso: 3/4” x 2-1/2”
1. Fold the 4-1/4” x 11” piece of Soft Suede cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Timber 3D Embossing Folder, emboss the front only of the 4-1/4” x 11” Soft Suede cardstock. Tip: use the score line to line up in the folder.
3. Using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder, emboss the 3-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Soft Suede cardstock. Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine again, this time using the 2-1/2 Scalloped Circle die from the Layering Circles Dies to cut out the circle. Set aside (save the cut out piece for another project.)
4. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card base.
5. Using the 2-3/4” x 3” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, stamp the outline of the Squirrel onto the cardstock using Early Espresso ink. Stamp the bold squirrel image using Cherry Cobbler ink. Pro Tip: if you have trouble lining up, stamp the bold squirrel first, then the outline.)
6. To stamp the inside of the acorn, ink the top part of the acorn using Early Espresso ink, stamp off once on your scrap paper then stamp onto squirrel image. Stamp the body of the acorn using Cherry Cobbler ink, stamped off 2 times for lighter color.
7. Line up the Crumb Cake cardstock onto the 3-1/4” piece of Soft Suede, adhering so that the squirrel shows through the front panel.
8. Wrap the Cherry Cobbler/Gold Metallic ribbon around the Soft Suede cardstock and tie into a knot or bow. Adhere the Soft Suede mat to the center of the Base Card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
9. Ink up the Happy Birthday stamp using Early Espresso ink and stamp onto the 1/2” piece of Crumb Cake. Adhere to the Early Espresso mat and adhere to base card, just under ribbon, with adhesive to finish.
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday cards ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a delicious cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the fun part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!