It’s so easy to make your own Background with Decorative Masks from Stampin’ Up! You’ll be surprised by easy they are to use!
There’s so much to love about this card! I love the subtle background using the Tree Mask from the Basic Patterns Decorative Masks. (You can see more cards made with Decorative Masks here.) The tone-on-tone color palette kept the background subtle and allowed that gorgeous bear and Pebble embellishments to really shine!
The directions on how to make this card are below – you can even download the written tutorial. Check it out!
- Basic Gray: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” and 1-1/4” x 2-1/4”
- Smoky Slate: 4” x 5-1/4” and 1” x 2”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” and 3” x 4” scrap
1. Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” Basic Gray cardstock in half to create your base card.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the base card.
3. Using the “tree” Decorative Mask and a Blending Brush, lightly sponge Smoky Slate into on the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Smoky Slate Cardstock.
4. Ink up the “grass” stamp using Smoky Slate ink, tap off most of the ink and stamp at the bottom of the Smoky Slate cardstock. Repeat as desired across the bottom of the cardstock.
5. Adhere the Smoky Slate mat to the base card.
6. Using the 1” piece of Smoky Slate cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Basic Gray ink and adhere to the Basic Gray mat. Adhere to the base card using adhesive.
7. Adhere several of the Pebbles along the bottom of the Smoky Slate Cardstock.
8. On the scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the bear using Cinnamon Cider ink. Fussy cut out using the Paper Snip Scissors and adhere to the bottom of the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that he looks like he’s “walking” on the Pebbles.
Supplies Used on this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!