It’s so easy to make a handmade card for a friend with the Happy Hedgehogs stamp set by Stampin’ Up!®
How cute are these Hedgehogs? I love that there is a coordinating punch in the Bundle, which means you can stamp the hedgehog images and cut them out quickly using the punch. Easy Peasy!
And there are lots of other fun images in this stamp set too! Mingle the adorable hedgehogs with flowers, butterflies, forest mushrooms, and birds in the Happy Hedgehogs Stamp Set. Combine the images to create a playful scene to adorn scrapbooks. Or create a card to thank someone in your life for their kindness and friendship. It’s so easy—stamp the line-art images on a card front, add the sentiment that expresses your feelings, and send!
- Pear Pizzazz: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Daffodil Delight: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 3” x 3”
- 1-1/2” x 3-3/4” (two)
- 1-1/2” x 4”
1. Fold the Pear Pizzazz Cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your bone folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the base card.
3. Run the Daffodil Delight cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the card base.
4. Using one of the 1-1/2” x 3-3/4” pieces of Basic White cardstock, stamp the grass all along the bottom using Pear Pizzazz ink. Stamp the Hedgehog on the right side using Black Memento Ink. Color in the Hedgehog using the SU800 and SU500 Blends from the Natural Tones Blends Collection. Adhere to the top of the Daffodil cardstock as shown in the sample.
5. Using the 3” square of Basic White cardstock, stamp the Hedgehog using Black Memento Ink. Color in using the SU800 and SU500 Blends from the Natural Tones Blends Collection.
6. Punch out the Hedgehog using the Hedgehog Builder Punch that is part of the Bundle. Set him aside.
7. Using the other piece of 1-1/2” x 3-3/4” Basic White cardstock, stamp the grass along the bottom using Pear Pizzazz ink. Adhere to base card at the bottom. Adhere punched Hedgehog using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Using the 1-1/2” x 4” piece of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the sentiment in the center of the strip using Black Memento ink. Stamp the mushroom and bird on either side using the same ink.
9. Color in the Mushroom using Daffodil Delight Dark and Real Red Dark Blends. Color in Bird using So Saffron Light and Balmy Blue Light Blends. Color in Flower using Real Red Dark & Granny Apple Green Dark Blends. Adhere strip to the card to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend who is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard