Create a beautiful background for this Irresistible Blooms Watercolor card using ink refills and our Water Painter Brushes. It’s quick and easy to create gorgeous all-occasion cards friends and family are sure to love using the Irresistible Blooms stamp set by Stampin’ Up!
To make this card, I wanted to use colors that would flow together without making an ugly brown colors. To do this, I chose 3 colors from the Hello, Irresistible Designer Paper and I’m really happy how they turned out – Orchid Oasis, Balmy Blue, and Mint Macaron. If you’d like something brighter, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library.
- Balmy Blue: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Shimmery White: 4″ x 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White: 3″ x 4-3/4″
- Shimmery White scrap for cutting large flower (2″ x 2″)
- Fold the Balmy Blue cardstock in half at the score line to create your base card.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Shimmery white cardstock inside the card.
- Using the 4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Shimmery White cardstock, use the largest flat brush Water Painter and apply water all across the cardstock.
- Place a small amount of Orchid Oasis and Balmy Blue ink refill on the Clear Acrylic Block. With the flat brush Water Painter, pick up a bit of the Balmy Blue ink refill and spread a line across the cardstock. Tip: it should “flow” easily across the cardstock, if it doesn’t, squeeze a bit more water into the brush. Repeat several times leaving room in-between each line.
- Clean your brush and repeat this process using the Orchid Oasis ink refill, apply lines of color in-between the Balmy Blue lines.
- Clean off the block and water painter brush with a paper towel and press the dry block into the Mint Macaron ink pad. Pick up color using the clean brush and add small splotches of Mint Macaron as desired. Set aside to dry.
- Using the 2″ scrap of Shimmery White paper, stamp the flower using the Jet Black Stazon ink. Add Balmy Blue ink across the flowers using the medium Water Painter; add touches of the Orchid Oasis ink as desired. Set aside to dry.
- Using the 3″ x 4-3/4″ piece, stamp the leaves using Mint Macaron ink, leaving space for where the flower will go.
- Next to the leaves, stamp the speckle stamp using Mint Macaron ink.
- Stamp the “thank you” in the lower right corner using Black Memento ink.
- Once the watercolor pieces have dried, adhere the 4″ x 4-1/4″ background piece using Tear & Tape adhesive. Tip: use the ‘picky tool” side of the Take Your Pick tool to release the liner from the Tear & Tape.
- Adhere the 3″ x 4-3/4″ stamped Shimmery White paper to the center of the card using adhesive (or Tear & Tape.)
- Cut out the flower using the Paper Snip Scissors and adhere between the stamped leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add several of the Opal Rounds to the card as desired.
Want to see a video that shows you how to make this card? Message me or comment below and I’ll be happy to send you a link to the video I did for my private VIP Customer Group!
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin this image below to your board for all those handmade card ideas you have saved, so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session, you will be able to get right to the creative part!