Tired of generic store-bought cards? Level up your greetings with this handmade card using the Vertical Blooms Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! From personalized messages to intricate designs, this tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a card that truly speaks from the heart. Your loved ones will cherish them! Explore the Two-Step Stamping possibilities of the Vertical Blooms Stamp Set and create personalized greetings with layered images full of texture, dimension, and the colors of your choice.
I love that this is a Two-Step Stamping Stamp Set – they are my favorite! Basically, all a Two-Step Stamping Stamp Set means is that there are multiple stamps used to create one detailed, multi-dimensional image. Each stamp adds a different element or layer to the overall image. This is often done with different colors for each stamp, creating a depth of color and detail not possible with a single stamp,
Originally, I wanted a very natural palette for this card as I was designing around the Earthen Elegance Designer Paper. But all of the pastel pinks I tried just didn’t work for me, so I ended up using Melon Mambo and tapping off the stamp onto my scratch sheet to create a lighter color. It’s one of my favorite techniques when it comes to our inks! If you’d prefer a different palette, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, where you’re sure to find a different color combination that will work for you!
- Basic White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Earthen Elegance Designer Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White: 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (for die-cutting)
- Fold the Basic White cardstock at the score line and burnish well with the Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Using the 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ scrap of Basic White Cardstock, run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the tag die from the 2″ x 4″ tag die from the Tailor Made Tags Dies.
- Using the Crumb Cake ink pad, ink the small swirl image, tap off twice on your scratch paper, and stamp at the bottom of the tag.
- Using the Crumb CVake ink pad, ink up the large swirl image, tap off twice on your scratch paper, and stamp at the top of the tag.
- Ink up the leaf stamp using Soft Sea Foam ink and stamp in the center of the tag. Ink up the large floral image using Melon Mambo ink, tap off once on your scratch paper and stamp onto the leaf image so that it lines up with the leaves.
- Using the Soft Sea Foam ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the left side of the Earthen Elegance paper.
- Cut about 12″ of the Linen Thread, fold in half, and adhere to the top of the tag; adhere the tag to the paper using Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhere the “ends” of the Linen Thread to the back of the Earthen Elegance paper.
- Adhere the Earthen Elegance paper to the card front.
- Take 24″ of the Linen Thread and tie a bow; adhere to the “loop” at the top of the tag to finish, trimming the edges of the bow as needed.
Supplies Used in this Project
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!