Handmade Christmas Card You Can Make In 5 Minutes
Do you need a handmade Christmas Card you can make in 5 minutes? This card fits the bill! With only 2 colors in ink pads and 3 gorgeous stamps, this card comes together so quickly, you could make a ton of them in just a few hours! Let me show you how.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
A friend of mine needed a Christmas card that she could make quickly with a minimum of supplies, so I designed this card for her! I started out with a very basic card design so that the cardstock would be easy to cut. I also chose 2 of her favorite colors – Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry- and toned them down a bit with a card base of Smoky Slate. I felt that it upped the Elegance factor a bit!
If you prefer a more traditional color scheme, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, where you’re sure to find something you like!
I then added some Iridescent Rhinestones for a bit of sparkle! (Every Snowflake card needs some sparkle, don’t ya think?😊) Here’s how I made this card.
- Smoky Slate: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ for the base card
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside base card) and 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Pool Party: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (or if it’s easier for you to cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Fold the Smoky Slate cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White inside your base card.
- Using the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the large snowflake in the middle upper part of your cardstock using Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Stamp the smaller snowflake on either side using the same Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Stamp the sentiment under the snowflake using Pool Party ink.
- Adhere the stamped White cardstock to the Pool Party mat and adhere to the base card.
- To finish, add an Iridescent Rhinestone in the center of the large Snowflake.
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade Christmas card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!