Fun Birthday Card for your Favorite Spring Chicken
As we age, we don’t always like to be reminded of our birthdays, but this fun birthday card is sure to get a smile out of your favorite chick! You’re sure to have hours of fun creating cards for all the chicks in your life.
Flock to the fun with the Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set. It’s “chick” full of celebratory images and phrases you can use to make any birthday delightful. These quirky line-art chicks are ready to be stamped and colored using your favorite coloring technique. Use this set to celebrate birthdays, friendship, and more.
I love celebrating birthdays but as some of my besties get older, they don’t always like to be recognized for another birthday of turning 22. 😀 But every time I send a card with this stamp set, it always gets a “hey, that was such a cute birthday card!” and a big smile. For me, that’s what cardmaking is all about!
One of the things I love about this card are the colors! These colors are just so fun and bright and the use of Black Ink makes the yellow and blue just pop! Here’s the color combination I used:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ + 3-3/4″ x 5″ +2-3/8″ x 4-1/4″ + 3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock, score at 4-1/4” and fold to make card base. Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 4” x 5-1/4” and adhere to inside of card.
- Cut a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Using Coastal Cabana ink, stamp the confetti around the outside edges of the card. Adhere to base card.
- Cut a 2-3/4” x 4” piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and a 2-3/8” x 4-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the Chicken/Balloon image onto the Basic White mat using Memento ink. Color in image using the Blender Pens and the Coastal Cabana & Daffodil Delight ink pads. Layer onto the Daffodil Delight cardstock and then layer onto the base card.
- Cut a 3/4” x 1-3/4” piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the sentiment onto the mat using Black Memento ink. Adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Try this simple Birthday Card Sketch with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card. I’d love to hear from you!