You’ll love this easy Card Sketch that uses a minimum of cardstock but is very versatile, allowing you to use a variety of rubberstamps and colors. Today’s card sketch really focuses on simplicity. With just a few supplies, you can make this quick card in minutes.
You’ll bounce with creativity with the fun images in the Kangaroo and Company Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Create scenes with the adorable kangaroos and accessories such as gifts and party hats. Everything is a party!
And pair this versatile stamp set with a simple Card Sketch – I used Sketch #8 – and you’ve got a winner! You could easily change this card into a birthday card simply by changing the hearts to party hats, going with brighter colors, and changing the sentiment to “Happy Birthday”! Easy peasy!
Here is the Card Sketch I used:
This is such an easy sketch it makes it perfect for beginner stampers.
Supplies Used On This Project
- Basic White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ and 3″ x 3-1/4″
- Smoky Slate cardstock: 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Blushing Bride cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold at score line to create
your base card.
- Cut a 1-1/2” x 5-1/4” piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. Using the Blushing Bride ink pad, stamp the
hearts randomly over the cardstock. Using your scissors, cut a “flag notch” at the bottom of the
Smoky Slate cardstock and adhere to the base card.
- Cut a 3” x 3-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the large Kangaroo using the Basic Gray
ink pad. Color in the Kangaroo using the Light Smoky Slate Blend. Color in the Kangaroo’s ear using
the Light Flirty Flamingo Blend.
- On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the trio of hearts using Blushing Bride ink. If you have
the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut out the hearts using the heart die cut from the Kangaroo dies. If
you don’ have the dies, fussy cut out the hearts using your scissors.
- Adhere the hearts to the Kangaroo so that it looks like she’s holding the hearts.
- Cut a 3-1/4” x 3-1/2” piece of Blushing Bride cardstock. Layer the White mat onto the Blushing
Bride mat and adhere to your base card.
- Stamp the sentiment below the Kangaroo and to the left of the Smoky Slate strip using Blushing
Bride ink to finish.
Now it’s your turn to use this Card Sketch! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration & earn free products!
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!