It’s easy to make a Quick Background using an Acrylic Block and some ink. It’s a great way to make a simple spotlight for your focal image!
Have you ever made a card and felt like it was just too simple? That it needed a bit of pizzazz? Using an Acrylic Block to create a background with just ink is a fast and easy way to accomplish it!
In this case, I needed a super simple design but I knew that if I just stamped the shells, it’d be a little blah. So I pulled out my trust acrylic block, tapped it into my Pool Party ink pad and stamped it on the cardstock. Instant framed area for my focal point! If you’d like to see more cards made with this stamp set, check them out here.
This card is so easy peasy to do and would work with many different images. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Soft Suede Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 3-¾” x 5”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼”
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and place inside your folded card base.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock; adhere to card front.
- Cut a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock. Using the D block, ink it using Pool Party ink (yes, lightly tap your block several times into the ink pad!) and stamp onto the white mat as shown in the sample.
- Using the Soft Suede Ink pad, stamp the various shell stamps inside the stamped square so that they slightly hang outside.
- Stamp the sentiment using Pool Party ink underneath the square.
- Wrap the Braided Trim several times around the bottom of the White mat and secure the ends on the back of the mat. Adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Shop 24/7
- Learn more about my Rewards Program
- Enjoy a quick & easy stamping experience with our Monthly Subscription Kit
- Save 20% on Every Order!
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.