I absolutely love the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set by Stampin’ Up! but it’s not just for chicks. It also makes a fun Birthday Card for your favorite guy too! Just change up the colors a bit and you’ve got a great masculine card.
Flock to the fun with the Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set. It’s “chick” full of celebratory images and phrases you can use to make any birthday delightful. These quirky line-art chicks are ready to be stamped and colored using your favorite coloring technique.
But this set isn’t just for the chicks in your life! Change up the colors, add a bit of “brick wall” and you’ve got yourself a great card for the guys in your life! Use this set to celebrate birthdays, friendship, and more.
Cajun Craze is one of my favorite colors to use in masculine cards. You can find other color combinations I’ve used for masculine cards here. The color combination I used for this card was pretty standard:
Can we chat about that fabulous embossed brick background? It was created using the Brick & Mortar 3-D Embossing Folder – I think it adds to the whimsy of this card! Here’s how this card was made:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Crushed Curry Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic Gray Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Cardstock: 3” x 3-½”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 2-¾” x 3-¼”
- Cut a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” Very Vanilla cardstock and adhere to inside of your card base.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic Gray cardstock. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder, emboss the Gray cardstock. Adhere to front of card.
- Cut a 2-3/4” x 3-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamp the chicken and sentiment using Black Memento ink. Color in using the Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight Blends.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla mat to a 3” x 3-1/2” piece of Basic Black cardstock. Adhere to front of card as shown in the sample to finish.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- Join us for a Virtual Fun Folds Stamp Camp!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend that is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard