I love finding creative ways to tell friends they’re amazing – and this simple card design is one you can make quickly.
There’s just something about a Black & White card with a POP! of color that really appeals to me. You can pick bright colors or even more muted tones like this card and somehow the black & white cardstock just makes that focal point POP!
I wanted to create a card in a hurry so I chose a stamp set with a coordinating die – in this case, the Color & Contour Bundle. If you don’t have a die-cutting machine, you can always fussy cut the floral image out using Paper Snip Scissors.
I also wanted to use Black Cardstock for the sentiment mat, but rather than pull out my heat gun and embossing powder, I decided to go with just stamping in White Craft ink for more of a “chalkboard” effect. You can read all about our White Craft Ink here.
I went with a very simple card sketch and white-on-white layers, which also gives your card a bit of an elegant feel. You can find all the instructions on how to make this card below. Enjoy!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White Cardstock
- 5-½” x 8-½”
- 4” x 5-¼”
- 2-¾” x 3-½”
- 2-¾” x 4-½” (scrap for die-cutting)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 1” x 2”
- Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card. Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock and adhere to front of card base.
- Cut a 2-3/4” x 3-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock. Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the “splatter” stamp randomly over the mat and adhere to card base as shown in the sample.
- Cut a 1” x 2” piece of Basic Black cardstock. Stamp the sentiment using the White Craft ink pad and set aside to dry. Tip: if this is the first time using the White Craft ink pad, you’ll need to ink the pad using the Refill that comes with the pad. If you haven’t used the pad recently, you’ll probably need to re-ink as well.
- On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the floral image. Color the flowers using the Blackberry Bliss Blends. Color in the leaves using the Light Old Olive Blend. Cut out using the Cut & Emboss Machine and Scalloped Contours Dies. Tip: If you don’t have the dies, you can fussy cut out using your Paper Snip Scissors.
- Adhere the Black cardstock from Step #4 onto the base card as shown in the sample. Using Liquid Adhesive, add the floral image. If desired, add 3 Clear Epoxy Essentials gems.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- Join us for a Virtual Fun Folds Stamp Camp!
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.