This Elegant DIY Floral Card using the Calming Camellia Stamp Set is the perfect card to send for so many special occasions. Using the elegant monocromatic look, this card is sure to make someone’s day!
Have you ever needed a card in a hurry but weren’t sure where to start? I recommend starting with one of your favorite colors (see my Color Combination Library here for some fun color inspiration) and then just keep within a monochromatic color scheme. The beauty of Stampin’ Up! products is that they all color coordination, which takes the guesswork out of choosing colors!
For this DIY card, I used the Calming Camellia Sale-A-Bration Host Stamp set which is only available thru February 28, 2022. It’s only available as a host set but it’s easy to combine orders with friends to get you to the $300 qualifying level. Want more information? Reach out to me at [email protected] and I’ll give you all the deets! 😊
For example, in the card above, I wanted to create a soft, sweet card so I chose Smoky Slate ink (rather than Black or even Basic Gray, which can be a bit harsher) to stamp that gorgeous flower and highlighted the flower just a wee bit using a Light Petal Pink Blends Marker. It was the perfect combination and I’m really pleased with how this card turned out!
If you’ve never tried our Stampin’ Blends markers, you are missing out! They are an alcohol-based marker which means they color without the streaking you can sometimes get with a water-based marker. You can learn more about our Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers here.
If you’d like to recreate this card, don’t forget to download the written Tutorial before and save it in your stamping idea notebook!
- Basic White:
- 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- 3-1/4” x 4-1/2”
- 1/2” x 1-1/2”
- Marbleous Basic Gray Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic Gray: 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”
- Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock in half at the score line. Burnish well with your Bone Folder to create a crisp fold.
- Adhere the Basic Gray Marbleous paper onto the base card.
- Using the Smoky Slate ink pad, stamp the flower onto the 3-1/4” x 4-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock.
- Color in parts of the flower using the Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend.
- Adhere the White cardstock to the Basic Gray cardstock and adhere to base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the 1/2” strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Smoky Slate ink. Adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!