Create this easy Playing in the Rain Greeting Card using the Playing in the Rain Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! This set includes playful animal and nature designs that you can use as a focal point or to embellish your cards. Pair the images with the cute sentiments from this set or with your favorite greeting for more versatility! Perfect for coloring, use your choice of coloring tools and techniques to bring color to all your projects—especially on gray days! Let your friends know that no matter the weather, you appreciate and think about them!
This quick and easy card makes me smile every time I look at it! That bunny just looks like he’s having too much fun! I created this card because I wanted to send some happy mail to a friend. Is there anything more fun than sending sunshine to a mailbox? I went with the bold, bright colors of Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, and Flirty Flamingo. If you want something a bit softer, check out my Color Combination Library for lots of different ideas!
- Tahitian Tide: 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Parakeet Party: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- 3-3/4″ x 5″
- 3/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Fold the Tahitian Tide cardstock at the score link to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Using the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the bunny image in the lower left corner using Black Memento ink. Color in his ears & nose using the Light Flirty Flamingo Blend. Color his raincoat using the Light Parakeet Party Blend, and color in the puddle using the Light Tahitian Tide Blend.
- Using the raindrop image, ink with Tahitian Tide ink, tap off on your scratch paper and stamp onto the cardstock. Repeat as needed, tapping off the ink once each time and avoiding the stamped bunny image.
- Adhere the stamped White cardstock to the Parakeet Party cardstock and adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 3/4″ strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Pin this to your favorite cardmaking Pinterest Board so you can find it quickly!