Cute yet Elegant Handmade Christmas Card
I love it when a cute yet elegant handmade Christmas Card comes together in a hurry! You can mass produce this card quickly.
This was such a fun card to make! Thanks to the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Rectangle Stitched dies, it came together quickly, but if you don’t have either of those, you can simply cut cardstock with your Paper Trimmer.
All of the hard work on this card was done by the papers. I stamped the trees on the gorgeous Peaceful Place Designer Paper using Evening Evergreen ink, which was a nice balance to the soft Fresh Freesia cardstock mat.
Then, what I think really made this card pop!, was how I used the Black Glitter Paper for the penguin. It added just the right amount of sparkle to the card without a lot of extra work! You can find the instructions below on how to make this card – don’t forget to click on the download button below the instructions to download a complete written Tutorial to keep for future reference. Happy Creating!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” and 4” x 4” scrap
- Fresh Freesia: 3” x 5” scrap for die-cutting
- Peaceful Place paper: 2” x 4” scrap for die-cutting
- Black Glitter Paper: 2” x 2” scrap for punching
1. Fold the Basic White cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, use the 2-1/2” x 4” Rectangle Stitched Die to cut out the rectangle from the Fresh Freesia cardstock.
3. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, use the 1-1/4” x 1-1/2” Rectangle Stitched Die to cut out the rectangle from the Basic White scrap.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, use the 1-5/8” x 3-5/8” Rectangle Stitched Die to cut out the rectangle from the Peaceful Place paper.
5. Adhere the Fresh Freesia cardstock onto the White card base.
6. Using the Evening Evergreen ink pad, stamp the small trees on the right and left side of the Peaceful Place paper from Step #4. Adhere to the Fresh Freesia cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. Using the Evening Evergreen ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the White rectangle from Step #3. Adhere to the Fresh Freesia using Stampin’ Dimensionals just below the right side of the Peaceful Place paper.
8. Using the Penguin Builder Punch, punch the smaller Penguin body from the remaining scrap of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the eyes using the Black Memento ink pad. Stamp the beak & feet onto the body using Pumpkin Pie ink.
9. Using the Black Glitter Paper and Penguin Builder Punch, punch the large body. Adhere the White smaller body to the larger Black Glitter body using Glue Dots. Adhere to the Peaceful Place paper, to the left of the sentiment rectangle, using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10. To finish, tie the Glitter Ribbon into a bow an adhere to top of sentiment rectangle using a Glue Dot.
Here’s a handy pin for you to save to your board where you keep your quick & easy Christmas card ideas.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it every time you read a post, you share a project I have made,or you place an order – all of that helps support my small business and I appreciate you!