This cute handmade Otter Birthday Card is perfect for all ages and genders. Who wouldn’t love seeing an otter pop out of the water to wish them a Happy Birthday?
Have you ever had an idea for a card in your head and then once you made it, it turned out better than you had hoped? This is one of those cards!
The first time I remember seeing an Otter was at a restaurant that sat on a pier in Seattle, Washington. I remember it so vividly (I think I was only 8) and the thing that made me laugh was how he played around the pier post. So when I sat down to make this card, that was what I had in mind!
I used the pretty paper, In Good Taste, which is full of gorgeous natural elements, like wood, bricks and more. The “waves” were created with one of the Scalloped Contour Dies, which I ran through my Cut & Emboss Machine. If you don’t have these dies or a Cut & Emboss Machine, you could use a circle punch and get a similar effect.
The fun Artistry Bloom Sequins (one of favorite new products!) added just the right sparkle & touch to finish off the project. You can find complete instructions below on how to make this card, including a Tutorial you can download. Enjoy!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Coastal Cabana: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (2)
- Bermuda Bay: 4” x 2”
- In Good Taste Designer Paper: 3/4” x 5-1/4”
1. Fold the Coastal Cabana cardstock in half to create your base card.
2. Adhere one of the 4” x 5-1/4” pieces of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
3. Using the other piece of Basic White cardstock and the Black Memento ink, stamp the otter image about 1” up from the bottom and 1/2” from the right side.
4. Color in the otter using the Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil on his body and Black Watercolor Pencil (on his nose.) Color in the water using the Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencil and blend the “water” using the Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush.
5. Adhere the strip of In Good Taste Designer Paper to the right side of the cardstock and adhere White cardstock to the base card.
6. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut the Bermuda Bay strip using the Scalloped Contours border die.
7. Stamp the sentiment onto the Bermuda Bay cardstock using the Black Memento Ink Pad.
8. Adhere the Bermuda Bay cardstock to the base card.
9. Add 3 of the Artistry Bloom Sequins to the card as shown to finish.
Here’s a handy pin for you to save to your board where you keep your quick and easy card ideas.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it every time you read a post, you share a project I have made, or you place an order – all of that helps support my small business and I appreciate you!