Cute Little Piggy Birthday Card
This cute little Piggy Birthday card is so easy to make using the This Birthday Piggy stamp set by Stampin’ Up! With a little bit of coloring and some fun sparkly ribbon, this is the perfect card for that special friend who is having a birthday!
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
How fun is this handmade birthday card? That little piggy is so cute, it’s sure to make the recipient smile!
I went with a very simple card design, and since it was for a teenager, I kept the colors basic and muted. If you’d prefer a more robust color palette, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for inspiration.
Don’t have time to make this card now? Make sure you download the written Tutorial via the link below so that you can make it whenever you have time! Happy Stamping!
- Smoky Slate: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” and 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” and 2-1/2” x 3”
- Basic Gray: 2-3/4” x 3-1/4”
1. Fold the Smoky Slate cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with the Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
3. Using the Basic Gray ink pad, stamp the sentiment randomly up and down the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. Adhere to the card front.
4. Using the Basic Gray ink pad, stamp the piggy onto the 2-1/2” x 3” piece of Basic White cardstock. Color in the piggy, bike light, tire and bumpers using the Basic Gray Watercolor Pencil. No need to blend.
5. Color in the scooter using the Melon Mambo Watercolor Pencil. Blend using the Wink of Stella Glitter brush.
6. Adhere the White cardstock to the Basic Gray cardstock and set aside.
7. Cut 5” of both ribbons. Adhere the Rose Gold/White ribbon to the card, using liquid adhesive only in the center of the ribbon (where it will be covered by the stamped piggy mat.) Trim ribbon edges as necessary.
8. Adhere the Sweet Sorbet ribbon onto the Rose Gold/White ribbon, using adhesive only in the center. Fray the edges on both sides of the ribbon.
9. Adhere the Piggy mat from Step #6 to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Supplies Used on this Project
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!