This cute and easy Thinking of You card is so simple to make using the Chasing Butterflies Stamp Set. And guess what? You can get this stamp set for free between now and February 28, 2022!
Everytime I look at this little girl image, it makes me smile! And the fact that in this card, she’s chasing hearts is just too perfect for sending to a friend who might need a pick-me-up!
You can actually get this stamp set for free between now and February 28, 2022 as part of Stampin’ Up!’s winter Sale-a-Bration! Be sure to reach out to me if you’d like more information. You can see other projects I’ve created using free Sale-A-Bration stamp sets here.
There are so many things I love about this card, but one of my favorite would have to be the new Gingham Embossing Folder I used for the background. It’s very subtle but adds just that right touch of whimsy to the card, don’t ya think?
I have complete instructions on how to make this card below, along with a free Tutorial you can download, print and save. Check it out!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Mint Macaron: 4-1/4” x 11, scored at 5-1/2” and 2-7/8” x 3-7/8”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (2) and 2-3/4” x 3-3/4”
- Polished Pink: 2” x 2”
1. Fold the Mint Macaron cardstock in half to create your base card.
2. Adhere one of the 4” x 5-1/4” pieces of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
3. Using the other 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock, run it through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Gingham Embossing Folder. Set aside.
4. Using the 2-3/4” x 3-3/4” Basic White cardstock, stamp the girl with net image using Black Memento ink. Color her in using the Dark Mint Macaron Blends for her dress, the Ivory Blend for her skin and the Bronze Blend for her hair. Using the small heart stamp from the Sweet Conversations stamp set, stamp the heart going from the net randomly up the right side using Polished Pink ink.
5. Layer the White cardstock onto the Mint Macaron cardstock. Adhere to the Basic White cardstock from Step #3.
6. Using the same heart stamp and Polished Pink ink, stamp additional hearts in the upper right corner to continue the pattern from the girl image. Adhere the White cardstock to the base card.
7. Using Memento Black ink, stamp the sentiment onto the Polished Pink cardstock. Using the Cut & Embossing Machine, cut out the scallop circle using the Layering Circles Dies.
8. Adhere the pink Scallop Circle onto the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!