Find out how to brighten up any day with handmade cards featuring the Sweet Citrus Stamps by Stampin’ Up! Explore fun ideas with colorful lemons and oranges, and make juicy cards that pack a punch. No sour faces here, just sweet sentiments and citrus-filled fun for your favorite people.
For this card, I embossed the Basic White mat using the Sweet Citrus Hybrid Folder, which is quite a deep embossing folder. I mixed some of the Granny Apple Green pastel chalk with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter and then just started coloring! It was so easy to do and the end card was a sparkly delight!
- Parakeet Party Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/2″ (x2)
- Parakeet Party Cardstock: 3/4″ x 3″
- Basic White Cardstock: 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Fold the Parakeet Party cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Adhere one of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Run the other piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Sweet Citrus Hybrid Folder.
- Using an acrylic block, scrap some of the Granny Apple Green Pastel from the Soft Pastels using a plastic knife. Add some Wink of Stella Glitter to make a thin paste. Use this mixture to color in the raised images including the Citrus and leaves. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink. Adhere to the center of the 3/4″ Parakeet Party strip and then adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.