Hooked on papercrafting? Make this Happy Retirement Handmade Card using the Gone Fishing Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! . With its fish, lure, bobber, and water images, you can design stunning cards that capture the essence of fishing. From heartfelt messages for dads to retirement wishes, this set is as versatile as it gets. With the Two-Step stamping technique, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to achieve stunning results!! This beautiful stamp set is a must-have for any cardmaker.
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Let’s Go Fishing Paper (rods & reels): 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Let’s Go Fishing Paper (map):
- 3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- 3″ x 5-1/2″
- 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Early Espresso Cardstock:
- 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- 1-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Fold the Very Vanilla cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder to create the card base.
- Adhere the 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ Let’s Go Fishing Paper to the top of the card base so that it lines up with the top fold of the card.
- Using the 3″ x 5-1/2″ Let’s go Fishing Designer Paper, ink up one of the lure images using the Early Espresso ink pad and stamp on the left top of the paper. Repeat with the other lure, alternating patterns. See sample for suggestions.
- Ink up the “inside” of the lure with Wild Wheat ink and stamp inside the appropriate lure. Stamp again inside another lure without reinking. Repeat the process as desired using both the Wild Wheat and Early Espresso inks. See sample for suggested placement. Note: by stamping a second time without reinking, you’ll get different variations of the Wild Wheat and Early Espresso inks.
- Line up the top of 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Early Espresso cardstock and adhere the paper to the cardstock so that only 1/16th of an inch of the Early Espresso cardstock shows. Note: our goal is to simulate a line. Adhere to the top of the card, 1/2″ down from the top of the card.
- Using the 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of the Wild Wheat rod & reel Let’s Go Fishing Paper, tear off the top half of the paper (tip: use your thumb as a marker so that you don’t tear off too much of the top paper) and adhere to the bottom of the card.
- Using the 1-1/4′ x 2-1/4″ piece of remaining Let’s Go Fishing Paper, stamp the sentiment onto the paper using Early Espresso ink and adhere to the Early Espresso cardstock.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card as shown in the sample using adhesive to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.