This bright and cheery handmade floral card comes together quickly thanks to some pretty paper and the Stampin’ Up! Blends Alcohol Markers. With bright colors and pretty paper, who wouldn’t love to receive this card in the mail? Let me show you how easy it is to create this card for all the friends in your life!
Last week, I needed a quick card for a friend who was going through a difficult time. I wanted to make something that was bright and cheery but also something that I could put together quickly and this card filled the bill! I love the new 2022-2024 In Colors so I went with Sweet Sorbet, Orchid Oasis, Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party but if you prefer something softer, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for some different color palettes!
- Tahitian Tide: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Tea Boutique paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White: 2-1/4″ x 4″
- Parakeet Party:
- Basic White: 5/8″ x 4″
- Parakeet Party: 3/4″ x 4″
- Fold the Tahitian Tide cardstock in half at the scoreline, and burnish with your Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the Tea Boutique paper to the card front.
- Using the 2-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the floral border image using Black Memento ink to the bottom of the cardstock. Flip the stamp (180 degrees) and stamp again in Black Memento ink. Note: don’t worry about the center as that will be covered with the sentiment strip.
- Color in the flowers using the Orchid Oasis Blends, the Parakeet Party Blends, the Light Sweet Sorbet Blend, and the Light Tahitian Tide Blend. Adhere to the card front, approximately 1″ down from the top of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the 5/8″ strip of Basic White cardstock using Black Memento ink. Adhere to the 3/4″ strip of Parakeet Party cardstock and adhere to the center of the stamped floral images.
- Tie the Parakeet Party Metallic Ribbon into a bow and adhere it to the left side of the card to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration (earn free items with a qualifying order!)
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!