Make this adorable Birthday Card using the Friendly Gnomes Bundle by Stampin’ Up! This set includes charming gnome stamps, dies, and coordinating patterned paper perfect for adding a touch of playfulness to your crafting projects. The Bundle makes creating whimsical cards, tags, and gifts so easy. Let these little gnomes bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces for birthdays, holidays, and any special occasion. Get your Friendly Gnomes Bundle today and start spreading the joy!
Warning – this is not a simple card! Unlike most of the cards I feature on this website, this one is definitely “over the top!” But if you’re willing to take some time on your card, it will be time well spent! (You can see easier versions of these cards here and here.)
- Pear Pizzazz: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Country Gingham Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Calypso Coral: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Pear Pizzazz: 2″ x 4″ (for die-cutting)
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ (x2)
- 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Fold the Pear Pizzazz cardstock in half at the score line to create your card base.
- Adhere one of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
- Using the Calypso Coral cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Timber Embossing Folder.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Layering Diorama Dies, use the largest die to cut out the center of the Country Gingham paper.
- Using the 2nd largest die to cut out the center of the Calypso Coral cardstock.
- Use the grass die from the Gnomes Dies to cut out 3 of the grass images from the Pear Pizzazz scrap of cardstock.
- Using the 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ Basic White cardstock, stamp the mushroom home using Black Memento ink. TIp: use the die-cut Calypso Coral cardstock as a guide so that the image shows through the opening in the Calypso Coral cardstock.
- Use a small Blending Brush with the Balmy Blue ink pad to lightly sponge ink around the mushroom house.
- Color in the Mushroom House using the Caypso Coral, Balmy Blue, Ivory and Bronze Blends.
- Color in the flowers using the Dark Balmy Blue Blend.
- Use the Granny Apple Green Blends to color in the grass line, stems and lawn.
- Adhere the 2-3 die-cut grass images onto the back of the Country GIngham paper. Adhere the front of the Calypso Coral die-cut cardstock to the back of the Country Gingham paper so that they are layered together with the grasses in-between the 2 layers.
- Adhere the front of the stamped Basic White cardstock to the other pieces so that they mushroom shows through all the layers.
- Wrap 18″ of the Gray Granite Ribbon around the left side of the diorama’s and tie into the knot or bow and adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the remaining 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock, stamp the gnome, bird and squirrel using Black Memento ink. Stamp the sentiment using the Pear Pizzazz ink pad. Tip: make sure you leave room between these images for die-cutting.
- Color the bird using the Balmy Blue Blends, using light Calypso Coral for his beak. Color in the squirrel using the Bronze Blend. Color in the Gnome using the Calypso Coral Blends for his hat & flowers, the Ivory Blend for his skin, the Bronze Blend for his shoes and the Light Gray Granite Blend for his beard.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut out the sentiment using the scallop circle from the All That Dies. Cut out the Gnome image using the Gnome Dies.
- Using the Paper Snips, fussy cut out the bird and Squirrel.
- Adhere these images to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, using the sample as your guide.
Supplies Used in this Project
Now it’s your turn to give this card a try. Order your supplies and plan a fun afternoon of papercrafting 🙂.