How cute is this handmade Birthday Card featuring the Catch You Later Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up? These adorable monkeys dropping by to wish someone a Happy Birthday are sure to make them smile!
This stamp set is so cute! The adorable monkeys, partridges, and a cat with fishbowl images pair beautifully with all the friendship-themed greetings in the stamp set.
If you love to color, this is your stamp set! I went with a very simple card sketch layout for this card and then used Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party for the main colors. Very quick and easy!
I then used Watercolor Pencils to color in the images. I love Watercolor Pencils because no only are they super easy to use, but you can leave as is, or blend them to get a softer look.
If you would prefer a different color combination, I have many you can choose from in my Color Combination Library. Make sure you check it out! Here’s how I made this fun card:
- Basic White:
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- 3-3/4” x 5”
- 2-1/4” x 2-1/2”
- Pool Party: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Artfully Composed Paper: 1-3/4” x 3-3/4”
- Old Olive: 2-1/2” x 2-3/4”
1. Fold the Basic White Cardstock in half at the score line to create your base fold.
2. Using the Pool Party ink pad, randomly stamp the birthday sentiment down the right side of the 3-3/4” x 5” Basic White mat, creating a zig-zag pattern.
3. Adhere the strip of Artfully Composed Designer Paper to center of White cardstock and adhere the White cardstock to the Pool Party cardstock mat. Adhere to base card.
4. Using the small piece of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the monkey image using Black Memento ink.
5. Color in the monkeys using the Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil and the leaves using the Old Olive Watercolor Pencil. Blend using a clean Blender Pen.
6. Adhere the stamped White cardstock onto the Old Olive cardstock mat and adhere to card base to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!