If you’re like me, you often find yourself in need of a particular card, just like this fun Birds Eye View All-Occasion card. In the world of card crafting, versatility is key. And what better way to achieve that than with the Bird’s Eye View Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up? With fun images and versatile sentiments, this stamp set is perfect for any event. Get ready to enjoy crafting with the fabulous Birds Eye View Stamp set!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Pecan Pie Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 1/2″ x 3-1/2″
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Very Vanilla cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder.
- Run the Pecan Pie cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to front of the card.
- Using the 2-1/2″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the books at the bottom of the cardstock using Memento Black ink. Stamp the larger bird using the same ink so that he is sitting on top of the books. Stamp the small bird using the same ink so that he is stamping on the other birds head.
- Stamp the big glasses onto the bird birds head using Memento Black ink. Color in the large bird using the Melon Mambo Blends. Color in the small bird using the Tahitian Tide Blends. Color in their beaks and the books using the Pecan Pie Blends.
- Adhere the stamped Very Vanilla cardstock to the right side of the card, leaving about 1/4″ border of Pecal Pie on the right side.
- Using the 1/2″ strip of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Tahitian Tide ink. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add 3 of the Sparkle Gems in various sizes as desired.
A Tip from Barb
Although this card looks difficult, it’s really quite easy thanks to the fact that this is a Photopolymer Stamp Set. This means that you can “see” through the stamps, which makes lining up those 2 birds and adorable glasses pretty easy! Practice a couple of times on your scratch sheet and you’ll be ready to go!