Bring the spectacular sparkle of Christmas to your papercrafts with this beautiful handmade Christmas Card featuring the Christmas Lights Bundle by Stampin’ Up! There’s nothing like twinkling lights on the tree to get you into the spirit of the season. Now you can bring those emotions to life with this gorgeous handmade card.
- Very Vanilla: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Gold Foil: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Lights Aglow Paper: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Very Vanilla: 2” x 3-1/2” scrap for die-cutting
- Evening Evergreen Glimmer Paper: 3” x 5” scrap for die-cutting
- Fold the Very Vanilla Cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Using the Gold Foil and the Twinkling Lights Dies that come in the Christmas Lights Bundle, die-cut the star and the bold tree from the center of the Gold Foil. Set aside.
- Using the Evening Evergreen Glimmer Paper and the Twinkling Lights dies, cut out the large bold tree using the Cut & Emboss Machine. Run through the machine again, this time using the “dots” tree to create the small lights garland.
- Adhere the Glimmer tree to the Gold Foil tree using adhesive. Add the Gold Foil star from step #2 onto the top of the tree. Adhere the tree to the card front as shown in the sample.
- Using the scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock, use the Labels Aglow dies from the Brightest Glow Bundle to cut out the large label.
- Stamp the sentiment using a well-inked Versamark ink pad. Add Gold Embossing Powder, shaking off the excess and then heat with your Heat Tool. Once the sentiment piece is cool, adhere the label to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add the gold Festive Pearls randomly onto the tree as desired.
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade Christmas card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!