Adorable Owls Birthday Card for All Ages
This handmade Adorable Owls Birthday Card is perfect for any gender and any age. Young or old, this card is sure to make the recipient smile! This stamp set is free during the 2023 Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration with a qualifying $50 order.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
Minimal coloring is required for this card and that multi-colored polka dot background is done with a background stamp! For the colors, I used three of my favorite bright colors as I wanted a fun and cheery card, but if you’d prefer a different color palette, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library
- Coastal Cabana: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Coastal Cabana: 2-1/4″ x 3″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White: 2″ x 2-3/4″
- Flirty Flamingo: 1/2″ x 1-3/4″
- Fold the Coastal Cabana cardstock in half on the score line and burnish with your bone folder to create the card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White mat inside the card.
- Place the Hand-Drawn Dots stamp rubber face up. Using a sponge dauber, ink up your dauber with Coastal Cabana ink and sponge ink onto the center of the stamp. Using a clean sponge dauber, sponge ink on the top part of the stamp; repeat with a clean sponge dauber and add Granny Apple Green ink to the bottom of the stamp.
- Once inked, huff on the stamp (your breath will re-moisten the ink) and stamp onto the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White cardstock. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the owl using Black Memento ink. Color in her eyes using the Light Bermuda Bay Blend, her nose & feet using the Dark So Saffron Blend, and her hat using both of the Parakeet Party Blends. Adhere to the 2-1/4″ piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock at an angle and adhere to to the base card.
- Using the 1/2″ strip of Flirty Flamingo cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink and adhere to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Supplies Used in this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit