A Creative Way to Use the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set
You’re going to love this creative way to use the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! This stamp set is so versatile and here I used it to make a gorgeous sunny card, perfect for anyone you need to send a card to!
Don’t laugh but I designed this entire card around the sentiment! It’s part of the Sunny Sentiments Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! and I just love how this sentiment-only stamp set is for card making. It includes greetings for birthday, friendship, sympathy, thank you, get well soon, and thinking of you cards.
For this card, I wanted to use the “sunny thoughts” sentiment but I didn’t have a “sun” image so I decided to make my own! I pulled out the fun Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set and got to work creating a sun – it was soooo easy! (This could also be a Sunflower depending on your perspective – and that would work too!)
I really do love the mutlitalented Watercolor Shapes stamp set – you can see other ways I’ve used this stamp set here.
Supplies Used on this Project
- Daffodil Delight: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic Black: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- White: 3-3/4” x 5” and 4” x 5-1/4”
- Fold the Daffodil Delight cardstock at the score line and burnish with your Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the base card.
- Using the 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the 2-1/4” circle stamp, inked in Daffodil Delight ink, slightly off the left side of the cardstock.
- Using the long oval stamp, ink using Daffodil Delight ink and stamp around the circle to create “petals” (or sun rays) overlapping the circle at the bottom. Repeat as necessary, slightly overlapping each oval.
- Stamp the sentiment as shown in the sample using the Black Memento ink pad.
- Layer the White mat onto the Basic Black mat and adhere to the base card.
- Add 3 of the Elegant Faceted Gems in different sizes around the sentiment to finish.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!