The versatile Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! is the perfect companion to your favorite sentiment and image stamps. You’ll be amazed by how often you’ll find yourself grabbing this stamp set!
The watercolor design allows for soft backgrounds, and the sharp edges give a masked off look. Get creative with how you choose to color these stamps! Go for traditional stamping techniques or try out some ombre effects with Sponge Daubers.
For this card, I used the square to fill in color on the square Sentiment tag. I love how beautifully this fills the space, but still has pockets of lighter or no color — I think this adds a lot of depth to the card.
This card came together really quickly thanks to the Designer Paper. I chose one of my quick & easy card sketches, Sketch #9, and the sketch worked perfectly for this Card.
I wanted to use some of my favorite new Designer Paper – You’re A Peach – on this card, not only because it’s my favorite but because it’s on sale thru August 2, 2021. I pulled the color combination directly from the Paper – so fresh & trendy!
Here’s how I made this card. (Don’t forget you can download the free tutorial at the end of this post.)
Supplies Used On This Project
- Garden Green: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-¼” and 2-¼” x 2-¼”
- Calypso Coral: 2-½” x 2-½”
- You’re A Peach Paper:
- 3-¼” x 5-½” Polka Dot Design
- 3” x 5-½” Peach Design
- Cut a piece of Garden Green Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to
create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and layer inside card.
- Cut a 3-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of the Calypso Coral Polka Dot You’re A Peach Designer Paper. Cut a
3” x 5-1/2” piece of the peach You’re A Peach Designer Paper and adhere to the center of the
polka dot paper.
- Wrap the Pale Papaya Ribbon around the papers from Step #3 and tie into a bow on the right side; ;
adhere to front of base card, leaving 1/8” on right side.
- Cut a 2-1/4” x 2-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Using the square image from the Watercolor
Shapes Stamp Set, ink in Pale Papaya ink and stamp onto the square.
- Turning the square 45 degrees, stamp the sentiment using Garden Green ink. Layer onto a 2-1/2” x
2-1/2” piece of Calypso Coral cardstock and adhere to card using Dimensionals.
- Adhere 3 of the Sequins as desired onto the base card to finish.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.