Whimsical Handmade Christmas Card
I just love this Whimsical Handmade Christmas Card featuring the Santa Express patterned paper and Trees for Sale Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! You’ll love using the playful images of Santa and Mrs. Claus, candy canes in fields of white snow, and piles of presents to decorate your Christmas gifts. This set of paper features a traditional Christmas color palette of red and green with a twist of light pink and lime green for a modern touch.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
- Sahara Sand: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and 3/4″ x 3″ for sentiment strip
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside card)
- Santa Express Paper:
- 3″ x 5-1/2″ (candy cane in snow pattern)
- 1″ x 5-1/2″ (green striped pattern)
- 3″ x 6″ (santa train image)
- Fold the Sahara Sand cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the White cardstock inside the card base.
- Adhere the green striped paper to the base card about 1/4″ up from the bottom of the card.
- Adhere the candy cane in snow patterned paper so that it overlaps the green striped paper is about 1/4″ down from the top fold of the base card.
- Using the santa train paper, fussy cut out the train and caboose using your Paper Snip scissors. Adhere to the card case using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the 3/4″ strip of Sahara Sand cardstock using the Shaded Spruce ink pad. Adhere to the card base as shown in the sample using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add the Parakeet Party Matte dots to the center of all 4 train wheels.
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin It For Later!
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Pin this to your favorite cardmaking Pinterest Board so you can find it quickly!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you carve out some creative joy! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Keep checking back for more projects.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!