Make this easy birthday card using the Waves of Inspiration Bundle by Stampin’ Up! This Bundle is perfect for masculine birthday cards or anyone who loves the ocean. Let me show you how to make this card.
This ocean-themed birthday card comes together quickly thanks to the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Wave Dies. No fussy cutting needed when you have these tools in your arsenal!
- Very Vanilla: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Balmy Blue: 3” x 4-3/4”
- Basic White: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
1. Fold the Very Vanilla cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Using the Balmy Blue cardstock, stamp the wave in Night of Navy ink at the bottom of the cardstock so that only the “flat” part is stamped.
3. Stamp the pelican image at the bottom of the Basic White cardstock using Soft Suede ink. Color in the beak using the Light Pumpkin Pie Blend.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Waves Dies that come in the Bundle, die-cut the Pelican image, 2 of the clouds, and the small rounded tag.
5. Using 6” of Linen Thread, wrap it around the top of the “timber” on the pelican image and adhere to back. Adhere the pelican image to the card as shown in the sample using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Adhere the 2 cloud die-cuts onto the card using Adhesive. Stamp 3 of the seagulls randomly using Night of Navy ink.
7. Using the die-cut tag, stamp the sentiment using Night of Navy ink and adhere to the card as shown in the sample to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!