Handmade Card using the Mountain Air Stamp Set
Create a beautiful handmade card using the Mountain Air Stamp Set. The reversible stamps in this set make it easy to create a striking outdoor scene. One side features a silhouette and the other side is a detailed image. Add any greeting to create a card for any occasion.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
It’s so gosh darn easy to create realistic nature scenes using the reversible stamps in the Mountain Air stamp set. This is one of our Reversible Stamp Sets, which means that it includes specialized photopolymer stamps that allow you to stamp with both sides of the stamp for greater versatility. Watch this Stampin’ Up! video to learn even more about these types of patent-pending stamps.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Basic White:
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- 2” x 3”
- Smoky Slate: 4” x 5-1/4”
1. Fold the Basic White cardstock in half to create your base card.
2. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Rectangle Stitched Dies, cut out a 3-3/4” x 5-1/8” mat from the Smoky Slate cardstock and a 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” mat from the Basic White Cardstock.
3. Layer the Smoky Slate mat onto the front of the card base.
4. Using the Basic White die-cut mat, stamp the large detailed tree image at the bottom of the cardstock using Old Olive ink.
5. Using the “bold” tree outline image 2 times just above the tree line to create a water effect. Stamp again at the bottom to create variations in color.
6. Stamp the detailed mountain image using Smoky Slate ink towards the top of the card. Stamp the birds above the mountains using Black Memento ink.
7. Fill in the space between the Mountains and the “lake” using the detailed tree image and Old Olive ink.
8. Stamp the sentiment onto the 2” x 3” piece of Basic White cardstock using Black Memento ink and cut out using the Rectangle die. Adhere to card base using Adhesive to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send this card to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you enjoy some creative joy! Keep checking back for more projects.