Need a trendy handmade card for a friend? Try this charming card created with the Adorable Owls stamp set by Stampin’ Up! Available only thru February 28, 2023 during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration. Ask me how you can get this stamp set for free with a qualifying $50 order!
- · Very Vanilla: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- · Delicate Desert paper: 3-3/4” x 5”
- · Very Vanilla: 4” x 5-1/4” (x2)
- Fold the Very Vanilla Cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Using one of the 4” x 5-1/4” pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and cut using the Aspen Tree die. Once cut, run again through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Timber Embossing folder.
- Adhere the Delicate Desert paper to the back of the Very Vanilla embossing cardstock so that the paper shows through on the other (front) side. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the other 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, cut out the small label from the Beautiful Shapes dies. Stamp the sentiment onto the label using Early Espresso ink pad.
- Cut 6” of the Old Olive ribbon and angle both ends using your scissors. Fold in half and adhere to the sentiment label as shown in the sample. Adhere to the bottom of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the remaining Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the owl twice using Early Espresso ink. Color in both owls using the Ivory and Bronze Blends.
- On one owl, color in the eyes using Light Old Olive, and the beak/feet using Light Pumpkin Pie Blend marker.
- On the second owl, color in the eyes using the Dark Old Olive Blend marker, and the beak/feet using the Dark Pumpkin Pie Blend marker.
- Using your Paper Snips, fussy cut out both owls.
- Adhere the owls to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals, overlapping them slightly.
- To finish, add one of the Moon Sequins onto the card as shown on the sample.
Supplies Used in this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration (earn free items with a qualifying order!)
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!