How adorable is this birthday card featuring the This Birthday Piggy Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up? If you need a fun handmade birthday card with a whimsical touch, this is it! Let me show you how to make it!
There is so much to love about this whimsical handmade birthday card featuring the This Birthday Piggy stamp set by Stampin’ Up!
I used a very simple card sketch but stepped it up a bit by using a fun 3D Embossing Folder with the Cut & Emboss Machine. I then colored in the images using the Stampin’ Blends, which provided vibrant color. Make sure you download the full Tutorial below or Pin the image to your favorite Pinterest Board!
- Crumb Cake: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Mossy Meadow: 3-3/4” x 5-1/4”
- Fresh Freesia: 3” x 5-1/4”
- Very Vanilla: 4” x 5-1/4” (2)
1. Fold the Crumb Cake cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside the card.
3. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Fresh Freesia cardstock, run the cardstock through the Machine using the Splats 3D Embossing Folder.
4. Adhere the Fresh Freesia cardstock to the Mossy Meadow cardstock. Cut 6” of the Natural Finish Ribbon and “flag notch” one end with scissors. Adhere the other end to the back of the Mossy Meadow cardstock. Use small dots of adhesive to adhere to the Fresh Freesia cardstock.
5. Adhere the Mossy Meadow mat to the card front.
6. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Deckled Rectangle Dies, cut a 1-3/4” x 3-1/4” and 1-3/8” x 2-3/4” rectangle out of the remaining piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.
7. Using the Early Espresso ink pad, stamp the pig image onto the larger Very Vanilla cardstock. Color in the pig using the SU 200 and SU 400 Natural Blends, the dirt using the SU 500 Natural Blend. Color in the flowers and the butterfly using the Fresh Freesia Blends and the leaves using the Light Mossy Meadow Blend. Adhere the Very Vanilla cardstock to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Using the Early Espresso ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the smaller Very Vanilla rectangle. Adhere to the card front under the piggy image using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!