If you love the ocean, you’re going to love the Whale Done Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! It features all sorts of fun images as well as greetings that include love, friendship, and birthday. And best of all? There’s a coordinating Whale Punch!
I think this is such an adorable stamp set – I love how you can create all sorts of ocean-themed cards quickly and easily.
I started with a tried but true color combination:
I don’t usually use Blackberry Bliss for an ocean theme but it just seems right for the whale. And speaking of the whale, no fussy cutting on him – there’s a coordinating Whale Punch that made cutting him out super easy!
I wanted some grass to fill up the bottom of the card, but there wasn’t one in the set so I turned the octopus upside down and used it’s “legs” for the sea grass. Simple and effective! Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Old Olive Cardstock: 3-¾” x 4-¾”
- Basic White Cardstock:
- 4” x 5-¼”
- 3-½” x 4-½”
- ¾” x 1-¾”
- 3” scrap for punching
- Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4”; fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and adhere to inside of your card base.
- Cut a 3-1/2” x 4-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock. Using the Blending Brush, lightly sponge Pool Party ink over the entire piece of cardstock. Using the Jelly Fish stamp, turn it upside down and using Old Olive ink, stamp just the bottom part to look like sea grass. Stamp the fish pod 2 times using Crushed Curry ink (see card sample for placement.)
- Adhere White cardstock to a 3-3/4” x 4-3/4” piece of Old Olive cardstock; adhere to card base.
- Cut a 3/4” x 1-3/4” piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the sentiment using Old Olive ink and then stamp a few fishes using Crushed Curry ink. Adhere to the card base as shown in sample.
- Using a 3” scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the Whale using Blackberry Bliss ink. Punch out using the Whale Punch and adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend that is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard