Today I want to share a super simple card that highlights the beautiful Penned Flowers Dies by Stampin’ Up!
The focal point of this card is that gorgeous floral collage – even done in just black and white, it’s gorgeous. I paired it with the luscious Hand-Penned Designer Paper, but went with one of the neutral patterns so that the floral die cut and leaves really stood out.
I also went with a super simple card sketch – Sketch #2 – but stepped it up a bit by adding some twine and Silver Epoxy Essential gems. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White Cardstock: 4-¼” x 11” and 3” x 4”
- Hand-Penned Designer Paper: 3-¾” x 5” and ¾” x 2”
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock: 2-¾” x 4-¼”
- Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”and score at 5-1/2”; fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Hand-Penned Designer Paper and wrap the White Baker’s Twine around the Designer Paper (see sample for placement) and tie into a bow. Adhere to front of base card.
- Using a 3” x 4” scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the floral image using Memento Black ink.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Penned Flowers Dies, cut out the stamped image using the corresponding bold die. Using a 2-3/4”x 4-1/4” scrap of Shaded Spruce cardstock, cut out all 3 of the leaf dies.
- Using the floral die cut as a guide, adhere the leaves on the base card, apply glue only to the bottom tips of the leaves where the floral image will hide them. Adhere the stamped floral image onto the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a 3/4” x 2” piece of the same Hand-Penned Designer Paper, stamp sentiment onto the paper using Memento Black ink. Adhere to floral image. Add 3 Silver Epoxy elements as desired.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!