The Forever Fern Distinktive Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! has a special texture that gives added depth and dimension in a single step, creating photo-realistic images.
This card was so easy to make thanks to the Cut & Emboss Machine, which I used to create the circles for the sentiment layer, as well as that gorgeous dry-embossed background.
While this card would look fabulous in any color combination (see more combinations in the Library), I love how these very simple colors worked together. Here is how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” and 3” x 3” for die-cutting
- Soft Sea Foam: 3” x 5-1/2”
- Garden Green: 3-1/4” x 5-1/2”
1. Fold the Basic White cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, the Garden Green cardstock and the Layering Circles Dies, cut a 2-3/4” scallop circle from the center of the cardstock. Using the same dies, cut a 2-5/8” circle from the scrap of 3” Basic White cardstock. Set both aside.
3. Using the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder and the Cut & Emboss Machine, emboss the Soft Sea Foam cardstock. Layer the Soft Sea Foam cardstock onto the Garden Green cardstock.
4. Wrap 6”-7” of the Highland Heather Ribbon around the Garden Green cardstock and adhere to the back of the cardstock. Tip: I like to use scotch tape. Adhere to the base card, about 1/2” down from the top fold of the card.
5. Using the Basic White circle from Step #2, stamp the leaves using the Soft Sea Foam ink to the right of the circle. Stamp the sentiment on the left of the circle using Black Memento ink. Layer onto the Garden Green Scalloped Circle and adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade cards ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a delicious cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the fun part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2022 Winter Sale-A-Bration Catalog
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!