Stampin Up Island Vibes
Relax and enjoy a tropical feel when you craft with the Stampin Up Island Vibes Stamp Set. You’ll love the versatility of this set! Plus you can get it for free during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 qualifying order!
The eclectic charcoal-style drawings of banana leaves, pineapple, and a miniature palm tree will add a chill, relaxed vibe to all your papercrafting projects. The banana leaves are designed to work both horizontally and vertically, so they fit anywhere: card fronts, scrapbook pages, and more. Get this set today and enjoy some crafting on your own virtual island getaway!
To keep with the tropical theme, I pulled 3 colors from the Designer Paper: Old Olive, Just Jade and Bumblebee. I think it made a pretty color combination:
I think this color combination is so trendy, but if you like brighter colors for that tropical flair, check out my Color Combination Library for more ideas. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Old Olive: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (2)
- Just Jade: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Artfully Composed Paper: 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” plus scrap with a leaf on it.
1. Fold the Old Olive cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere one of the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the base card.
3. Using the other piece of White cardstock, ink up the bottom of the pineapple using Bumblebee cardstock, then ink up the top part using the Old Olive cardstock. (It’s ok if it slightly overlaps.) Huff on the stamp to reactivate the ink and then stamp in the corner of the cardstock.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut out a 2-3/4” circle using the Circle Dies and the 1/2” x 2-1/2” Stitched Rectangle using the appropriate die. Cut out the 3-3/4” x 5” Stitched Rectangle using the Stitched Rectangle dies.
5. Adhere the White Circle to the Designer Paper, then wrap 5” of ribbon around the paper, taping the ends to the back of the paper. Adhere the paper to the Just Jade cardstock and then adhere to base card.
6. Using your Paper Snips, fussy cut out the pineapple and leaf from the Designer Paper. Adhere to the card using Dimensionals so that they cover the Ribbon.
7. Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the White Rectangle strip and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it overlaps the Pineapple. To finish, add 3 of the Just Jade Hexagons in various sizes.
Here’s a handy pin for you to save to your board where you keep your quick and easy card ideas.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it every time you read a post, you share a project I have made, or you place an order – all of that helps support my small business and I appreciate you!