Hello friends! There’s no better time than now to start immersing ourselves in the Christmas spirit, and what better way than crafting joy with the Festive and Fun Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!? This set is a treasure trove of creativity, ready to make your festive season even brighter.
The true beauty of this stamp set is how easy it is to make a whimsical card! The holidays are a beautiful opportunity to make a handmade card and send personalized wishes to your loved ones. So gear up, grab your coloring tools, and let’s create some joy together!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Pecan Pie Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Joy of Christmas paper (Shaded Spruce design); 2-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- Lemon Lolly Cardstock: 1/2″ x 2-3/4″
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Pecan Pie cardstock in half at the scoreline. Run the front part of the card through the Cut & Emboss Machine lining up the fold line with the top of the Timber 3D Embossing Folder. Once embossed, remove from the Machine and burnish the fold line well with the Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside the card.
- Using the 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the giraffe image using Black Memento ink.
- Color in the giraffe image using the various Blends as shown in the sample.
- Adhere the Vanilla Cardstock to the Joy of Christmas Designer Paper and then adhere to card front as shown in the sample.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Lemon Lolly strip using Shaded Spruce ink. Adhere to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that the right side of the sentiment lines up with the right side of the card.
A Tip from Barb
This is actually a pretty easy card, but it does require a bit of coloring, which is why I rated it Worker Bee level. It takes some time but the Stampin’ Blends make quick work of it and the end result is so adorable!! Stampin’ Blends are definitely my coloring tool of choice when I have a lot of coloring to do!
I think the little bit of Joy of Christmas Designer Paper used behind the main focal element really adds a dash of fun to this card, but if you’re making a ton of cards for Christmas, you may want to change it to Shaded Spruce cardstock and change the Lemon Lolly cardstock to Very Vanilla – it’ll be more economical that way! ⛄ Happy Stamping!