If you need a sweet handmade card for a friend, this one fits the bill. Using beautiful colors and fun embellishments, this card would be perfect for cheering up someone who isn’t feeling well or just to send to someone you’re thinking of. Let me show you how easy this card is to make!
There are so many things I love about this card, but number one is the color combination! The combination of Pool Party, Pale Papaya and Shaded Spruce just seems to cheerful to me! If this one doesn’t make you smile, there are a ton of other combinations you can choose from in my Color Combination Library Check it out!
- Basic White Cardstock:
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ (scrap for die-cutting)
- Pale Papaya: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Shaded Spruce” 1-1/2″ x 3″ (scrap for die-cutting)
- Fold the Basic White Cardstock in half on the score line to create your card base.
- Using the 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and emboss using the Elegant Eucalyptus 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using Pool Party ink and a Blending Brush, sponge Pool Party ink over the embossed cardstock. Adhere to the Pal Papaya cardstock and adhere to the card front.
- Using the Shaded Spruce cardstock scrap, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out 2 of the Eucalyptus stems; set aside.
- Using the scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the large leaf image using Pale Papaya ink. Leaving lots of room for die-cutting, stamp the sentiment using Shaded Spruce ink. Cut out both images using the corresponding dies from the Natural Prints Dies that come in the Bundle.
- Cut 12″ of the Silver Trim and create a large bow; adhere to the front of the card as shown in the sample using a Stampin’ Dimensional in the center to secure it to the card front.
- Adhere the large Pale Papaya leaf image using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the 2 Shaded Spruce dies using adhesive. Adhere the sentiment label using adhesive (you’ll only need to add adhesive to the center of the sentiment label.)
- Trim the end of the Silver Trim, if necessary, with your scissors to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Be sure to pin this project to your card-making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2022 Holiday Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!